The result a of meticoulous assemblage of the Tenuta’s grapes.
AGE OF THE VINES
From 5 to 25 years.
YEILD PER HECTARE
The grapes are picked when perfectly ripe during the months of September and October.
Grapes are destemmed and soft-crushed, with minimal use of sulphur dioxide. The juice ferments and macerates on the skins for a long period of time, during which the cap is punched down daily. The must is coldclarified by allowing the lees to settle.
80% aged for 18 months in big Slavonian oak barrels and the remaining 20% in French barriques for at least 6 months.
For at least six months before release onto the market.
Brilliant ruby red, with attractive depth and decent length. The aromas are alcohol and fruit-rich when the wine is young, later mellowing with bottle
age into ripe plum fruit layered over a faintly grassy background note. Dry, soft and well-balanced on the palate, it reveals a pleasing bitterish twist in the finish. Good aromatic length.
A classic food wine with rice and pasta in tomato or meat sauces, and filled pasta, as well as grilled meats, poultry, white meats and soft cheeses.
5 years or more.
Available in 75cl bottles and 1.5L magnums.
|VINTAGE||GAMBERO ROSSO||BIBENDA A.I.S.||VERONELLI||ESPRESSO||DOCTOR WINE||JANCIS ROBINSON||WINE ADVOCATE||WINE SPECTATOR||DECANTER||JAMES SUCKLING|
|2013||Due Bicchieri Rossi||4 Grappoli||88||90||90+||88|
|2012||Due Bicchieri Rossi||4 Grappoli||88||17,5/20||90||92|
|2011||Due Bicchieri Rossi||4 Grappoli||17/20||86||89|
|2010||Due Bicchieri Rossi||4 Grappoli||88||18,5/20||88|
|2009||Due Bicchieri Rossi||4 Grappoli||88||15/20||16,5/20||87||88|
|2008||Due Bicchieri Rossi||4 Grappoli||88||16,5/20||90||88|
|2007||Due Bicchieri Rossi||4 Grappoli||90||16,5/20||88|
|2006||Due Bicchieri Rossi||4 Grappoli||90||16,5/20||89|
[Burton Anderson Best Italian Wines 2000]
[Revue du vin de France, fevrier 2003]
[James Suckling, Wine Spectator, December 2001 ]
[Guida Duemila Vini AIS Italiana 2006]
[Markus del Monego MW Master of Wine & World Champion Sommelier 2007]
[Spirito di Vino, maggio 2008]
[Richard Grosche, Weinwelt 2009]
[Nicolas Belfrage, World of Fine Wines 2009]
[Guida del Gambero Rosso 2012]
[Guida de l’Espresso 2012]
[Monica Larner for the Robert Parker The Wine Advocate December 2014]
[Jancis Robinson August 2012]